This prework should take no longer than 20 hours to complete the Deliverables. Intermission is absolutely your time to rest and focus on self care. Plan accordingly with your schedules so you don’t add unnecessary stress.
If you are planning to demo a project at Demo Comp in week 1 of Mod 4, you MUST timebox your time over intermission and in week 1 to ensure you are meeting module expectations. We recommend setting aside specific times to work with your demo team over intermission to finish your demo BEFORE week 1 begins. You are responsible for balancing your time between working on the demo project and the tasks below.
FE & BE Prework
Read through both the environments and continuous integration lessons. Then go back to a Mod 3 project and integrate CI. Note: Your tests will need to pass in order for it to succeed! For extra fun, set it up for automatic deployment after each PR is merged. If you have setup CI before on a project, use a different tool (ex: CircleCI, TravisCI, etc.) CI will be necessary in the Mod 4 Capstone project.
Non-Deliverable but helpful
- Refamiliarize yourself with the basics of reading and evaluating technical documentation.
- Refamiliarize yourself with the HTTP request-response cycle, watch this video.
- Familiarize yourself with the git rebase workflow. Read this article on git rebase and this article on merging vs. rebasing. The Mod 4 Capstone will require you to use a rebase workflow instead of merge.
- Try to complete 2-3 technical challenges in your preferred language. We want you to focus on your breakdown of the problem and problem solving approach! Choose a Technical Challenge Platform that you like. Here are some options:
- Sign Up for interview practice with Pramp
You are expected to have the prework completed by 5 pm the Saturday before you start Mod 4. For the items marked as Deliverable, please complete your prework submission here.